RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE AUCTION SITE
Welcome to the 2016 Sault North Rotary Auction.
INTERNET BIDDING begins at our website www.soorotaryauction.com starting on November 16, 2016 and ends on Sunday, November 27, 2016, at 9:00pm sharp.
Proceeds from this annual event supports youth programs and services in and around Sault Ste. Marie. Among those are: annual Youth Leadership Conference, Big Brothers/Big Sisters Send a Kid to Camp, sponsoring a team in the Soo Minor Baseball league and in the Soo Pee Wee Hockey league, the Algoma Fall Festival Education Program and Children’s Mental Health. We also have established scholarships at Algoma University and Sault College.
Sault North Rotary reserves the right to update and change these rules from time to time. In the event that the rules or item descriptions and prices published in the auction guide are different from those published on the auction web site, the rules or item descriptions and prices found on the auction website will be taken as the most up-to-date and correct.
Here’s how the auction works:
1. WEBSITE AUCTION at www.soorotaryauction.com: Internet bidding will commence on November 16, 2016. The auction closes at 9:00 pm local time on November 27, 2016. Internet bidding is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week from the start and until the close of bidding.
2. ALL ITEMS close at 9:00pm sharp, Sunday November 27, 2016
CONDITIONS AND TERMS OF SALE IN THE AUCTION
1. Participation is open to anyone 18 years of age or over. Each item is described on the Internet. Some items may appear in print in other media prior to or throughout the Auction time.
2. The Rotary Club of Sault Ste. Marie North assumes no responsibility for any claim associated with the items. The purchaser takes the item purchased “as is where is” and the vendor makes no representation as the fitness for purpose of any item.
3. This is a charity auction with most items having a minimum starting bid of 25% of retail value, which we call a minimum bid. We reserve the right to make exceptions in setting the minimum bid amount (particularly on major donations). Please note that we provide minimum bid details on each specific item. The charity operating this auction is the Rotary Club of Sault Ste. Marie North.
4. The 2016 Auction has proxy bidding. This means that when you enter your maximum bid amount, the auction system will automatically bid on your behalf up to that amount in increments specified for the particular item. Increment values will vary depending on the item. Larger ticket items will have higher increment values, while lower valued items will have small increment values. You have the choice to register your bid at the maximum bid should the current bid be much lower.
5. Should you be the successful bidder you will be notified via email within 30 minutes of the close of the auction. You may pay for your purchases by Visa, MasterCard, Money Order, Cash or Cheque.
6. The Rotary Club of Sault Ste. Marie North has established an Auction Committee which shall, on its behalf, have the final say on all successful bids or any dispute that may arise. If any successful bid is declined by the bidder or Rotary, the second highest bidder (if higher than any reserve bid) will be offered the item at his/her bid amount.
7. All items (except the reserve bid items) to be paid for/picked up at the Auction Headquarters and the gift Certificate or product will be provided at the Rotary Auction Headquarters.
Rotary Auction Headquarters will be open during the following hours:
Tuesday November 29,2016 10-6 p.m.
Wednesday November 30,2016 10-6 p.m.
The Auction Headquarters is at the Barton and Kiteley Funeral Home
165 Brock Street
CONDITIONS OF SALE:
8. The Total Purchase price of an item is defined as the successful bid price.
9. The Rotary Club of Sault Ste. Marie North will collect the Total Purchase Price from the winning buyer at our pickup centre for all items except for those bid items that attract GST and PST (such as motor and recreational vehicles). Applicable GST and PST items will be noted in the item descriptions. Those items will be marked with the following statement "THIS ITEM ATTRACTS GST & PST TO BE ADDED TO THE WINNING BID AND PAID TO THE RETAILER". The Rotary Club of Sault Ste. Marie North does not collect GST and PST. We rely on the retailer/donor to collect any appropriate taxes at their place of business (based on the selling price as determined by our auction website). In those instances - the successful bidder will purchase the item(s) directly from the retailer at the successful bid price (as determined at the specified closing times as indicated on this website), PLUS ANY APPLICABLE TAXES. Please understand - if you are the successful bidder of an item to which tax applies, the successful bid price PLUS any applicable taxes will be collected from the donor/retailer at the time of pickup. THE SUCCESSFUL BID DOES NOT INCLUDE TAXES!
10. Auction listings of items for sale either in printed Auction Guide or as listed on the Internet are a guide only and the vendor takes no responsibility and will accept no liability arising from an inaccurate description of an item; bidders are requested to examine items before bidding. Those wishing to inspect an item are asked to contact the business that donated the item.
11. Each bid is legally an offer to purchase; the vendor reserves the right not to accept any bid received for any reason the vendor considers advisable. Acceptance by Rotary of a bid forms a legally binding contract of purchase and sale.
12. No bid made may be retracted.
13. The total purchase price must be paid in full by the successful bidder to the Rotary Club of Sault Ste. Marie North by 6:00pm Wednesday,November 30, 2016, by cash, Visa or Mastercard.
14. All successful bidders winning gift certificates will be provided with a gift certificate at our pickup centre to present to the business offering the retail item. Payment and distribution for gift certificates and those items which are tax exempt will be available at our pickup centre at the specified times as mentioned elsewhere in this document or on our auction website.. Taxable items (such as Motor or Recreational Vehicles), must be paid at the retail business in question - in accordance with their payment terms and conditions. The successful bid PLUS the additional taxes will be collected at the source of business by that particular donor/retailer.
15. All delivery or alternate pick-up arrangements must be made with the Rotary Club of Sault Ste. Marie North. Please note shipping is extra.
16. In the event of tied bids for one item (which our software vendor says cannot happen), the Vendor has the sole and unrestricted right to select which offer is accepted.
17. All items not paid for by 6:00pm Wednesday November 30, 2016 may be deemed to have been rejected by the purchaser. At the sole option of the vendor, the purchaser’s breach maybe accepted as termination of the contract and the sale then deemed to be cancelled; the vendor is entitled to then offer the item to the second highest bidder or otherwise dispose of the item.
18. By bidding on the Rotary Club of Sault Ste. Marie Internet Auction the bidder accepts these conditions of sale and acknowledges that they form part of the contract of sale and purchase from a successful bid.
19. Any item sold in this auction that requires registration by the Government of Canada or a provincial government authority is sold on the condition that the vendor accepts no liability for the payment of such fees and accepts no responsibility for arranging such registration or payment, it being the responsibility and liability of the purchaser to arrange for registration and to pay the required fee.